Subak Museum is a museum colleting the Balinese traditional agriculture tools and old documentation to remind all young generation about Subak Organization which has famous in the world and now has been appointed as a world heritage by UNESCO.
Subak Museum Tabanan | Bali Tourist Attraction
Subak Museum is consisted of the closed and opened building. The closed building is consisted of the exhibition stand where we can meet the demonstration of the object related to farmer work, visual audio building narrating the Subak activities in its bearing with the water irrigation management, library and office. Open building is the visualization of Subak demonstration in mini form which is consisted of a pool as relocation place of irrigation, a tunnel to flow the water from pool to the water relocation.
The objects and farmer equipments are displayed in the exhibition building is the equipments and object are arranged in a such manner from the equipment for the opening of agriculture farm, making the irrigation items, farm processing, crop conservation, harvesting, making rice and kitchen equipments. It is not different from other museums in Bali that Subak Museum in Sanggulan countryside has the following function:
- As a center of the erudite investigation and documentation
- As a place of science channeling
- Cultural acquaintanceship place
- Medium place to introspect the human being
- Place of mirroring the human being history
- Place to enjoy the art and culture object generally
- Subak Museum is definetely one of the most interesting museums in Bali. It is located in Sanggulan village two km east of Tabanan. The Subak Museum houses exhibits on the history and development of Bali’s unique Subak irrigation organization. This is the only museum in Bali to focus on agriculture, provides all information on agricultural life of Bali and all its related aspects.
- As its name suggest the main display in Subak Museum is the miniature of Subak which provides series of pictures of development of a Subak from finding a wellspring, creating tunnels and dams, channeling water through tunnels and dams to managing the water in the rice fields. Displays of farming implements for cutting, cleaning and pounding rice; tools for leveling land, ploughing, weeding, and digging water tunnels; various fish traps; tweezers for catching eels, wooden net used to catch dragonflies, and all implements in relation with Subak activities can be found here.
Subak Museum History
Tabanan regency is one of the regencies in Bali own the widest rice field, so that frequently this regency is called by the Rice Barn of Bali Island. Sanggulan countryside has been choose as a place of Subak Museum because considering that Subak Rijasa in this regency that in year 1979 have reached the National Champion in Intensification Program that lifting Bali’s name in the national level. Beside of that Tabanan regency owns more Subak Organization if it is compared with other regencies.
The development of Subak Museum is inspirited by intention of all Balinese culture lovers. This museum is expected to preserve Subak as a local cultural asset which have meritorious in developing and improving agricultural rice field production, especially rice and traditional irrigation system. This system is very famous in foreign countries because own the similar irrigating system like Fai in Thailand and Zangera in Philippine with the chasm and its specification do not like Subak which is existing in Bali. Subak is wet farm farmer organization to get the water irrigation from the sources.
Subak Museum Location
Subak Museum is one of museum in Bali taht located in Sanggulan countryside, Kediri sub district and Tabanan regency precisely 20 Km west part of Denpasar town. This museum is opened for public and to be one of tourist destinations in Tabanan regency, west part of Bali. It is strategically located in Tabanan town and close with other tourist destinations in this regency.
Related Bali Tour To Visit Subak Museum
Tanah Lot Sunset Tour
Subak Museum Tabanan Bali on Map